Hospice is an individualized plan of care for each patient carried out by a specially trained interdisciplinary care team. Hospice employees receive ongoing specific training and are experts in their respective discipline.
Your Hospice Team would include:
- Expert Pain and Symptom Management under the guidance of a registered nurse and the patient’s physician.
- Family Services Coordination for referrals to available community financial and legal resources along with support counseling as desired by trained Medical Social Workers.
- Skilled Personal Care such as baths, skin care and nail care by Hospice Care Aides.
- Spiritual Services by chaplains trained to work with those experiencing grief and loss.
- Support and Respite Care by specially trained volunteers.
- Grief Support Services throughout the terminal illness and following the patient’s death.
Hospice care is offered to adults, children, and infants living with life limiting conditions such as Cancer, AIDS, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, stroke, ALS, Parkinson’s, end-stage heart, lung, kidney, or liver disease, and debility.
We realize that crises and acute needs occur outside of our office hours and therefore have made our on-call services available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
For Hospice eligibility questions, please call 360-814-5550 or 1-800-894-5877
To download a Hospice of the Northwest consent form, click here
To download a PDF of the Hospice of the Northwest's Admission guide, click here