Position Type: Full Time
Base Wage: $28.36 to $42.54
The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Marketing & Outreach Coordinator works collaboratively with the Manager of Marketing and Communications on planning, developing and implementing a coordinated approach to marketing and community outreach for Hospice of the Northwest. The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Skagit Regional Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 457b/401a (retirement), long term disability, and paid time off to all employees holding an FTE of 20 or more hours per week. Eligible employees also receive sick time pay.
Serves as a key member of the Marketing and Communication team responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication plans for both internal and external audiences, with an emphasis on driving hospice usage.Furthers the mission of Hospice of the Northwest by exemplifying the hospice philosophy, values, beliefs, and team concepts. Supports operations by providing feedback, suggestions, and quality improvement opportunities for HNW; offers suggestions for improvement and actively participates in supporting the change process. Complies with all SRH and HNW policies and procedures and adheres to approved budgets. Performs other duties as assigned.
Marketing & Communications
- Writes and designs a variety of content in both print and digital formats, for internal and external audiences, ensuring consistent branding/messaging in all channels and mediums.
- Plans, develops and implements updates to social media, staying on brand and message.
- Manages updates to WordPress website so content stays fresh, current, and compelling.
- Maintains HNW Intranet site, including content and functional updates.
- Manages production and distribution, and maintains inventory, of print materials.
- Coordinates special projects requiring internal and/or external marketing and communication.
- Coordinates special events related to internal or external public relations.
- Working with Marketing and Communications Manager, maintains an annual marketing and communications calendar and ensures that work is planned and completed according to schedule.
- Adheres to and ensures consistent use of HNW’s branding, messaging and style guidelines.
- Serves as HNW photographer as needed, including scheduling shoots, editing images, and managing digital asset library.
- Serves as HNW videographer as needed, including scheduling video shoots and editing videos to align with the HNW brand and message.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with Chambers of Commerce, senior centers, and other community partners to drive brand awareness in the community.
- Serves as a representative of Hospice of the Northwest, attending a variety of community meetings and events, including hosting exhibitor tables as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for community education, schedules presentations, prepares materials, and serves as a speaker/community educator as needed.
- Working collaboratively with the Manager of Marketing and Communication, plans and implements community outreach strategies with an emphasis on driving hospice usage.
- Demonstrates ability to convey knowledge of hospice services, regulations, and payment sources in an easily understood manner.
Bachelors in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field required.
Minimum two (2) years’ marketing, communications, sales or community outreach experience required. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Experience in healthcare preferred.
Current Washington State Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write compelling content using AP style, with minimal edits. Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress CMS, and media technology. Knows and skillfully navigates content management systems, digital marketing, and social media tools and platforms. Ability to educate within the community through engagement of constituent groups. Demonstrates exceptional negotiation and public relations skills. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and set priorities. Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative. Proven ability to communicate effectively and warmly in stressful, customer-focused environments. Ability to contribute to and adhere to approved marketing and outreach budget. Demonstrates organization, attention to detail, and flexibility in performing job responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; when working in office. Repetitive tasks such as typing, sitting, answering phones, and interacting with computers and computer systems most of the day is a function of the position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. This position requires working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in the office. The employee may occasionally be required to lift, transport or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds. This position may require driving and working in various outdoor venues and locations such as hospitals, clinics, and patient homes for which there is little control over environmental conditions.Skagit Regional Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 457b/401a (retirement), long term disability, and paid time off to all employees holding an FTE of 20 or more hours per week. Eligible employees also receive sick time pay.
Hiring Manager Contact Information
Please send resumes to Carrie McBride, Marketing and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.