The Marketing & Outreach Coordinator works collaboratively with the Manager of Marketing and Communications on planning, developing and implementing a coordinated approach to marketing and community outreach for Hospice of the Northwest. The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Salary Range: $28.36/hr to $42.54/hr DOE Skagit Regional Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 457b/401a (retirement), long term disability, and paid time off to all employees holding an FTE of 20 or more hours per week. Eligible employees also receive sick time pay.
Serves as a key member of the Marketing and Communication team responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication plans for both internal and external audiences, with an emphasis on driving hospice usage.
Marketing & Communications
- Writes and designs a variety of content in both print and digital formats, for internal and external audiences, ensuring consistent branding/messaging in all channels and mediums.
- Plans, develops and implements updates to social media, staying on brand and message.
- Manages updates to WordPress website so content stays fresh, current, and compelling.
- Maintains HNW Intranet site, including content and functional updates. \
- Manages production and distribution, and maintains inventory, of print materials.
- Coordinates special projects requiring internal and/or external marketing and communication.
- Coordinates special events related to internal or external public relations.
- Working with Marketing and Communications Manager, maintains an annual marketing and communications calendar and ensures that work is planned and completed according to schedule.
- Adheres to and ensures consistent use of HNW’s branding, messaging and style guidelines.
- Serves as HNW photographer as needed, including scheduling shoots, editing images, and managing digital asset library.
- Serves as HNW videographer as needed, including scheduling video shoots and editing videos to align with the HNW brand and message.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with Chambers of Commerce, senior centers, and other community partners to drive brand awareness in the community.
- Serves as a representative of Hospice of the Northwest, attending a variety of community meetings and events, including hosting exhibitor tables as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for community education, schedules presentations, prepares materials, and serves as a speaker/community educator as needed.
- Working collaboratively with the Manager of Marketing and Communication, plans and implements community outreach strategies with an emphasis on driving hospice usage.
- Demonstrates ability to convey knowledge of hospice services, regulations, and payment sources in an easily understood manner.
The person in this position also:
- Furthers the mission of Hospice of the Northwest by exemplifying the hospice philosophy, values, beliefs, and team concepts.
- Supports operations by providing feedback, suggestions, and quality improvement opportunities for HNW; offers suggestions for improvement and actively participates in supporting the change process.
- Complies with all SRH and HNW policies and procedures and adheres to approved budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field required.
Minimum two (2) years’ marketing, communications, sales or community outreach experience required. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling content using AP style, with minimal edits.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress CMS, and media technology.
- Knows and skillfully navigates content management systems, digital marketing, and social media tools and platforms.
- Ability to educate within the community through engagement of constituent groups. Demonstrates exceptional negotiation and public relations skills.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and set priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and warmly in stressful, customer-focused environments.
- Ability to contribute to and adhere to approved marketing and outreach budget.
- Demonstrates organization, attention to detail, and flexibility in performing job responsibilities.
Hiring Manager Contact Information
Please send resumes to Carrie McBride, Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com.