Schedule: DAYS – VARIABLE
Position Type: Full Time
Base Wage $17.84 to $25.91
The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Performs clerical support for assigned department. Works effectively and cooperatively within the workplace. Location/Department specific tasks and competencies may apply. Location/Department specific tasks and competencies may vary based on business needs.
- Provide administrative support to the department including helping team members with clerical tasks as requested.
- Fill-in Reception staff per direction of Practice Manager or designee.
- Appropriately handle/route correspondence, faxes, referrals, and chart note copy requests for provider offices in an appropriate, timely and professional manner.
- Maintain adequate office supply inventory per established procedure.
- Maintain ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Outlook) and department specific software applications to perform work.
- Maintain records in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain familiarity with common forms and paperwork utilized throughout the organization.
- Communicate effectively and cooperatively in the workplace.
- Respond to requests for information in a timely matter as established by current guidelines.
- Ensure accurate refund posting in accordance with established guidelines.
- Notify vendors of changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain daily census data as requested. Maintain on-call notification(s) per established procedure.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of Quality Improvement and Lean Process Improvement activities.
- Complete all mandatory learning requirements in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in all department, team and/or committee meetings.
- Comply with all Skagit Regional Health, department and location specific policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designee.
High School diploma or GED required.
Minimum two (2) years related experience preferred. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must be able to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications to perform work. Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills required. Must be able to effectively prioritize workload amongst frequent interruptions with competing priorities. Demonstrated ability to maintain a level of confidence and calmness in an episodic stressful environment. Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, sensitive to the needs of the other members of the work team. Ability to coordinate work schedule with requirements of position (may include overtime and weekend work).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; when working in office. Repetitive tasks such as typing, sitting, answering phones, and interacting with computers and computer systems most of the day is a function of the position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. This position requires working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in the office. The employee may occasionally be required to lift, transport or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds This position may require driving and working in various outdoor venues and locations such as hospitals, clinics, and patient homes for which there is little control over environmental conditions.
Skagit Regional Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 457b/401a (retirement), long term disability, and paid time off to all employees holding an FTE of 20 or more hours per week. Eligible employees also receive sick time pay.
Hiring Manager Contact Information
If you have questions or would like to apply for this position, use the form to the right to submit your resume or ask a question. You may also call 360-814-5550.