Schedule: DAYS – VARIABLE
Position Type: Full Time
Base Wage $35.82 to $66.24
The information described in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Serves as a Case Manager responsible as a member of the interdisciplinary team for the implementation, delivery, and coordination of hospice services delivered by IDG team members consistent with Hospice of the Northwest policies, procedures and philosophy. Part time/Hospice RN: Responsible to follow plan of care set up by interdisciplinary group. May serve as an interim case manager on an as needed basis. Per Diem/Hospice RN: Responsible to follow plan of care set up by interdisciplinary group. May serve as an interim case manager on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates familiarity and practices in compliance with policies of the agency and rules and regulations of State and Federal entities which aid in determining policies.
- Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate data into the comprehensive assessment/plan of care.
- Actively contributes and collaborates in the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Explains Hospice services and evaluates whether patient meets Hospice criteria for admission to service.
- Confirms payment for service coverage.
- Assesses patient/family goals.
- Provides patient, family and caregivers education and instruction as needed.
- Coordinates provision of pharmacy services, DME, and other supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Obtains, follows, and communicates physician orders while maintaining regular communications with physicians concerning patient/family care needs and responses to interventions.
- Initiates communications with physicians, hospice staff and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Provide support to bereaved at time of death and performs bereavement assessment, if requested.
- Maintains current patient records so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Seeks input from other team members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support.
- Meets regularly with hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues from caseloads, share professional support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
- Assists other Case Managers and Hospice staff as needed.
- Arranges all levels of hospice care at any time, day or night, as required.
- Shares in providing 24-hour seven days per week rotation to provide care for patient/families when necessary.
- Assists with identifying and problem solving quality improvement issues by participating in the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) process, chart review, and the education of staff.
- As requested, participates in staff selection, orientation of new personnel, and if qualified serves as a preceptor.
- Maintains regular communications with the Program Manager or designee to review caseload management.
- Consults with the Program Manager or designee regarding decisions impacting clinical staff and the delivery of care.
- Make decisions in conjunction with the Program Manager that reflect thorough consideration of alternative and creative solutions.
- Shows sensitivity to the impact of decisions on others. Informs the Program Manager or designee of unusual or potentially problematic issues.
- Actively participates in program development via committees, task forces, or educational efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RN from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or advanced degree highly desirable.
Minimum of two years work experience in one of the following areas as a Nurse (RN or LPN): Hospice, Home Health, Long Term Care, Medical/Surgical Unit or Skilled Nursing Facility or other experience that is deemed relevant required. Minimum experience of one year as a Case Manager, Resident Case Manager, Charge Nurse or similar position preferred. Previous Medicare-certified Hospice or Homecare experience strongly preferred. Prefer experience with electronic medical records.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington. Current Washington State Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance required. Current American Heart Association (AHA) HealthCare Provider BLS required.
Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal form. Able to develop effective interpersonal relationships with patients, staff, physicians and caregivers. Working knowledge of the fundamentals of nursing practice. Current knowledge of practice standards of Hospice. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks. Ability to collaborate with and delegate to other team members. Ability to educate family and caregivers so they may provide effective patient support.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and driving all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. This position requires working in a variety of communities and patient homes for which there is little control over environmental conditions.Skagit Regional Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 457b/401a (retirement), long term disability, and paid time off to all employees holding an FTE of 20 or more hours per week. Eligible employees also receive sick time pay.
Hiring Manager Contact Information
If you have questions or would like to apply for this position, use the form to the right to submit your resume or ask a question. You may also call 360-814-5550.