What is Hospice?
Hospice is a special kind of medical care focused on quality of life. We usually think of medical care as a method for curing illness. However, the philosophy of hospice is to accept death as a natural part of life. We treat the symptoms and the person, rather than the disease itself.
Hospice is about dignity and compassion. Hospice of the Northwest helps you live fully, on your terms.
Patient-Centered Hospice Care
Hospice of the Northwest provides a dedicated team of highly-trained hospice professionals for each patient. Each member of the team has a specialty practice focused on you. The team works together with your family, and those caring for you, to plan and achieve the care you want.
Hospice of the Northwest provides specialists to support you in a number of ways. For example:
- Physical Comfort – Addressing pain, inability to “get a breath”, sick stomach, or nausea
- Integrative Services – Non-medical therapies and treatments to improve quality of life and ease discomfort
- Social Wellness – Reducing anxiety, worry about becoming a burden, leaving loved ones, seeking closure
- Spiritual Support – Looking for meaning, seeking forgiveness
- Personal Care – Aides assist patients with activities of daily living, such as personal care, use of adaptive equipment in the home, and various respite duties
- Process Assistance – Medication management, assistance finding caregiving, medical equipment coordination
- Volunteer Support – Our care team is dedicated to making sure that you and your family are comfortable, informed, and supported along the way.
With Hospice of the Northwest, you are in charge of your care. Your dedicated Hospice Care Team is here to help you meet your goals.
“People say that at the end of life, ‘where it the hope?’ But, for me, hospice care is hope.”
Anita Meyer, MD, Hospice Medical Director
Your dedicated Hospice Care Team helps you live life on your terms, with high-quality and compassionate services.
This includes pain and symptom management, coordination of resources, spiritual support, integrative services, and more. We work with you to develop an individualized plan to meet your care goals.
Your Hospice Care Team will support you wherever you are: in your home, a family member’s home, a hospital, an assisted living facility, or wherever you live.
Hospice of the Northwest clinicians can ease some of the stress caused by caring for a loved one. Your dedicated Hospice Care Team gives you the tools you need to provide care with confidence.
We offer caregiver resources, education and support, family services and coordination, and more.
Your Hospice Care Team also includes bereavement specialists who are here to support you with one-on-one counseling, support groups, education, and/or resources.
Hospice of the Northwest provides counseling and support groups for anyone in the community who has experienced a loss of any kind. Community members can access these services without an association with hospice care.
The grief and loss experience is different for everyone. We offer a variety of options and resources for any community member experiencing loss.
Contact our counselors at 360-814-5550 if you need help.